Wednesday, January 17, 2007

New resolve seems to be going well. Have managed to stick with the Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle program and also stick with the exercise program. Have managed to shift the few pounds I put on over Christmas. Feel much better in my clothes, not being cut in half by the waist bands any more.

One of the best things I have found to keep me on track is definitely making extra portions of everything I cook. I just freeze it in small portions so they are always available to me whenever I want something quickly.

This is one of my favorite recipes at the moment:

Spicy Turkey and Rice

2 c chicken broth
1 tsp basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
14 1/2 ozs stewed tomatoes
2 c long-grain white rice, cooked
1 c frozen green peas, thawed
2 c turkey light meat, skinless, cooked and cubed

Mix broth, basil, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce and tomatoes in medium saucepan. Over medium-high heat, heat to a boil. Stir in rice and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 20 minutes. Stir in peas and turkey. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until rice is done

No comments: